Posted By trish on July 9, 2009
Financial expert Dale Robyn Siegel recently took her 20 years of experience as an attorney and mortgage broker and rolled it into a book titled, The New Rules for Mortgages.
The complex real estate market requires deft knowledge, timing and on going support. In her seminars, regular blogging and appearances, Dale informs and educates the consumer as they should be! No gobbledygook!
Dale Robyn Siegel is a licensed attorney in New York and owner of Circle Mortgage Group, a boutique mortgage broker in White Plains, New York. She is an adjunct professor at Baruch College as well as NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate. Dale has been speaking to the public and teaching real estate professionals about mortgage finance for the past ten years. The New Rules for Mortgages, (Penguin) is a short, concise book, packed with information on qualifying for a mortgage and getting the best deal in today’s market. Due out in the fall, it is perfect timing for the housing market rebound. She is currently working on a second book, The Mortgage Loan Originator Certification Course Textbook. The Federal Government now requires this 20 hour course to be taken by all persons in the mortgage industry with direct contact to the consumer. Dale is not only writing the book, but will teaching the course in the state of New York. Dale lives in the New York Metro area and is an avid cycler and world traveler. Lately, she has spent a lot of time at the local Border’s Bookstore writing and editing her books.
The New Rules For Mortgages is the latest and most current book on how to get the best mortgage and the lowest interest rate out there…..but it is very different!
This book is different from all in the rest in that the material is kept current with frequent updates online. The publisher allowed Dale to do the final rewrite of the book in early 2009 so as to get the last bit of updates in before print. Dale Robyn Siegel vows to keep the material current with online updates available on her blog and book site. It is the only way to have a how-to book on real estate with current material!
The mortgage industry has been transformed into the Wild Wild West and you need to be prepared before you get out there. Dale Robyn Siegel does just that for you in this short, concise and humorous book covering all you need to know about getting a mortgage in today’s world. A how-to book on real estate written by an attorney, 20 year veteran in the mortgage industry AND a college level professor. The material is a combination of her classroom format, her every day knowledge and expertise combined with real life experiences to bring the point home. This works and you will love it!
The book is short, around 200 pages, so there is no room for fluff or filler. It is easy to read, set up in chapters and short essays on specific topics. You can read the entire book in an afternoon on the beach or in a few short train commutes. You can even flip through and easily pick out parts you want to concentrate on.
A few interesting and favorite topics covered in 300 words or less:
- What are the new guidelines for FICO scores and loan to values and how do they affect mortgage rates?
- What is Rapid Rescore Response and can it really improve your credit score in 48 hours?
- How to establish an alternative credit profile for foreigners and students
- How to get money from your 401k without a penalty
- When is a loan from my father-in-law called a gift?
- Why is so important to show as much money in reserves as you can?
- What is the difference between a reduced documentation loan and a no-income verification loan?
- PMI v self insured. Which one is the bigger rip-off?
- What will it cost you to refinance your home and pull cash out?
- What do you do when your bank goes out of business while they are working on your mortgage?
- Appraisal fraud and how is it affecting the value of your home
- You mean my mortgage banker is not a real bank!
- What is an appraisal contingency clause vs. a mortgage contingency clause and how can you lose your deposit if you do not know?
- Points, origination fees, discount fees and broker fees. How do you avoid them all?
- What really affects the mortgage rates?
- Where do you find the best lawyer in town?
Dale Siegel’s TLC Book Tours TOUR STOPS
Monday, September 14th: Bargaineering
Wednesday, September 16th: Spilling Buckets
Thursday, September 17th: Poorer Than You