Posted By trish on March 28, 2012
• Hardcover: 240 pages
• Publisher: HarperOne (April 24, 2012)
“In this insightful book, my friend and colleague Debbie Ford has detailed a very inspiring and pragmatic blueprint for living a courageous life…. In between the covers of the book you hold in your hand is a thorough delineation of all that you would ever need to begin living in a confident, self-assured manner.” – Wayne Dyer in the Foreword to Courage
New York Times bestselling author Debbie Ford starts her most personal, powerful, and practical work to date sharing how she was confronted by her own fears upon a grave cancer diagnosis. The process she undertook to overcome her insecurity and fear and unlock the courage that resided within her all along serve as the foundation for her latest book Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self Confidence.
In the book, Ford explains that when we lack confidence, we feel unworthy of having what we want, of speaking the truth, of making decisions that improve our lives. When we feel weak, helpless, or powerless, we lack the strength to ward off the thoughts of defeat, negativity and fear that fill our minds and prevent us from moving forward and living in harmony with our deepest desires. Courage outlines a clear path to gain confidence, harness our power, and live to our full potential. COURAGE:
- Guides us to accept all of who we are, including our histories, our flaws, our misgivings, our weaknesses, and our fears
- Supports us in discovering that what keeps us stuck and feeling weak is nothing more than an illusion of the past.
- Shows us how to be confident, stand in our strength, and feel great about ourselves, allowing a new self emerges with the power to accomplish anything.
- Teaches us how to employ seven guiding principles to avoid common pitfalls of fear and insecurity, transforming them into strength, power and freedom that has been present all along.
- Reveals how to uncover our strength, harness our power, and seize our freedom
Debbie Ford has been helping people break free from the emotional baggage that holds them hostage and discover self-confidence and authentic self expression. She is the national bestselling author of Dark Side of the Light Chasers, Secret of the Shadow, Spiritual Divorce, The Right Questions, The Best Year of Your Life, Why Good People Do Bad Things, and The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse, and the coauthor of The Shadow Effect. She conducts workshops and trainings around the world supporting lifelong personal, spiritual, and emotional education and transformation. She lives in San Diego with her son. More at www.debbieford.com.
Debbie’s Tour Stops
Wednesday, May 16th: Become a Healthier You
Tuesday, May 22nd: Patricia’s Wisdom
Monday, May 28th: Serendipity Smiles
Monday, May 28th: The Stepmom’s Toolbox
Thursday, June 7th: My Year(s) of Spending Less and Living More
Friday, June 8th: Life in the Bogs
Monday, June 11th: The Watered Soul
Tuesday, June 12th: Sustainable Life Blog
Wednesday, June 13th: evenminds
Thursday, June 14th: Deva Coaching – part 1
Friday, June 15th: Build Your Soul Purpose
Monday, June 18th: Deva Coaching – part 2