Posted By TLC Booktours on March 17, 2012
• Hardcover: 256 pages
• Publisher: HarperOne (March 13, 2012)
In his blockbuster New York Times bestseller, The 4-Hour Body, Timothy Ferriss asked the question: what are the tiniest changes that will produce the biggest results. When he examined how one could lose 100 pounds the fastest, he interviewed Tracy Reifkind. In the foreword to The Swing! Lose the Fat and Get Fit with This Revolutionary Kettlebell Program, he writes: “Whether you’re trying to lose the last few extra pounds or taking on a bigger challenge, just as Tracy did, The Swing! will make the kettlebell your new best friend and chief ally. Give it just eight weeks and you won’t recognize yourself.”
At the age of 41, Tracy Reifkind lost 120 pounds and forever changed her body, mindset, and outlook on her life. Six years later, she’s kept the weight off, looks better than ever, and is helping others with her “100 pounds in 1 year with 1 exercise and 1 piece of equipment no gym necessary” path to success detailed in her first book, THE SWING: Lose the Fat and Get Fit with This Revolutionary Kettlebell Program. [BEFORE and AFTER photos and video HERE]
The specific movement called the “kettlebell swing” is the most effective and efficient exercise aside from uphill cross country skiing (but who does that?). The swing simultaneously provides cardio conditioning, strength and flexibility training. A relatively new exercise, you don’t need to join a gym; need only one piece of equipment; and will see results in as few as four, 30-minute workouts.
The kettlebell swing boasts numerous advantages over other fitness regimens, including:
- It’s two workouts in one – at once aerobic and anaerobic, the swing is simultaneously cardio and strength training, unparalleled for conditioning and fat loss;
- It feels natural – the specific movement and rhythm of the swing is a primal motion not evoked in any other exercise, making it easy to pick up and fun to do;
- It’s not a dumbbell – while some use kettlebells as they would dumbbells, the swing cannot be done with a dumbbell, giving it a unique advantage over every other form of weight resistance exercise;
- Boredom isn’t possible—the workouts are concentrated, the routines are varied, and the endless possibilities for combination moves yield fast results!
THE SWING! is divided into three main sections:
- MIND: how to get in ‘the readiness zone’ for the best possible results
- BODY: Learn, Practice, Train (LPT) and start swinging your way to results!
- FOOD: learn how to feed yourself with nourishment with a weight-loss food plan and recipes for those who love to eat.
The rewards of The Swing!, it’s fat and calories burning, lean muscle building workouts and rapid results are motivation in themselves with the goal of permanent weight-loss and the strongest, healthiest body and mind ever.
Tracy Reifkind lost 120 pounds at age 41 by doing the kettlebell swing, and gained the path to lasting results. A certified Russian kettlebell instructor since 2006, her unique training program is effective for novices and extreme athletes alike. Tracy Reifkind was featured in the bestselling book The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss, and has produced a DVD, Programming the Kettlebell swing. She lives in California with her husband Mark, also a Certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor, and their two sons.
Visit Tracy at her Facebook page.
Tracy’s Tour Stops
Tuesday, April 17th: 110 Pounds and counting
Thursday, April 19th: Runs For Cookies
Friday, April 20th: A Journey to Thin
Tuesday, April 24th: Bess Be Fit
Thursday, April 26th: World’s Strongest Librarian
Monday, April 30th: Seaside Book Nook
Tuesday, May 1st: Truth2BeingFit
Wednesday, May 2nd: Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Thursday, May 3rd: Fit in Heels
Monday, May 7th: My Fat Loss Strategies