Publisher : Thomas Nelson (April 27, 2021)
Paperback : 256 pages
Founder of the phenomenon social media account PreachersNSneakers tackles how faith, capitalism, consumerism, and (wannabe) celebrity have collided.
What started as a joke account on Instagram has turned into a movement. Through this provocative project, the founder of PreachersNSneakers is helping thousands of Jesus followers wrestle with the inevitable dilemmas created by a culture obsessed with image and entertainment.
In PreachersNSneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities, the author boldly confronts many of the difficult questions plaguing countless Christians’ minds, such as:
- Should pastors grow wealthy off of religion, and why do we get so angry when they do?
- Is it okay to stoke envy among others with curated “lifestyle” images on social media?
- Do we really believe that divine blessings are monetary, or is that just religious wallpaper to hide our own greed?
- Is there space in Christendom for celebrities like Kanye and Bieber to exist without distorting the good news?
- What about this: Is it wrong for someone like this author to call out faith leaders online and leverage “cancel culture” to affect change?
PreachersNSneakers will navigate these challenging questions and many more with humor, wit, candor, and a few never-before-published hijinks. Each chapter will explore the various sides of the debate, holding space for readers to make up their own minds. The book will doubtlessly become a staple for church small groups, college ministries, and book clubs, emboldening struggling believers who want to live a more genuine faith.
After all, the Lord works in mysterious colorways.
Monday, April 26th: @pickagoodbook
Tuesday, April 27th: @bluntscissorsbookreviews
Wednesday, April 28th: @books_faith_love
Thursday, April 29th: @nurse_bookie
Friday, April 30th: @travelerswife4life
Saturday, May 1st: @irishgirliereads
Sunday, May 2nd: @fashionablyfifty
Monday, May 3rd: @mommaleighellensbooknook
Tuesday, May 4th: @kimsterling
Wednesday, May 5th: @karen_runwright
Thursday, May 6th: @pages.for.sanity
Friday, May 7th: @shobizreads
Saturday, May 8th: @rozierreadsandwine
Tuesday, May 11th: @sarastrand9438